25 July 2018

Ein Tag in München

Day 20

We had about half a day to spend in the capital of Bavaria; we arrived at lunchtime and had a flight that evening back to Amsterdam.

We stepped out of the station and immediately saw a huge protest making its way through the streets, with multiple police officers accompanying it. After the protesters passed by, we trailed behind them to find a place for lunch.


I once again got a latte macchiato in the hopes that it would come close to the one in Den Haag, but was once again disappointed. At this point, there wasn't an item of food that I wasn't sick of, having subsisted on meat, potatoes, pasta, and bread for far too long. This trip definitely hadn't been food-focused, as we had visited countries notoriously not known for their cuisine.

I did not take my camera out for the rest of the day, so here is a brief recap of the churches, streets, outdoor food markets, that we spent our afternoon wandering through.






When in Germany -- hop into a beer garden and get a tall glass of Guiness cola. I had a few sips of beer, but I wasn't willing to risk feeling woozy on our flight.





Rittersport x staircases. I wish I could have tried all the flavours.




Our flight back to Amsterdam was quite rowdy due to the presence of some very intoxicated blokes. We stayed at a hotel near the airport as we had another flight in the morning, and were the target of the fake taxis - be aware! Tomorrow: off to the land of the leprechauns!


No comments:

Post a Comment