21 September 2017

Den Haag

Day 10

We started off the morning by heading my sister's place for breakfast. It called for a solo grocery visit where I managed to buy the correct type of butter. Success!

Tea, stroopwafels, and eggs Florentine.





After resting for way too long, we hopped on the train and headed to the Hague.

The weather began off quite sunny, but after walking around for awhile, the clouds took over. At this moment, we saw a cute cafe and decided to head inside. Talk about good timing; the minute we stepped in, the rain started pouring down.


I ordered a honey vanilla latte macchiato - and it remains the single most delicious coffee drink I've ever had.







We walked around the city and stopped by many United Nations buildings, including the International Criminal Court and Peace Palace.









We headed back to Amsterdam and went to Moeders for a traditional Dutch-style meal. Meat and potatoes and and pickled things!





Ranee and I met up for a nightly stroll as she was flying home. I actually never explored Amsterdam's city centre, so I was finally able to see all the iconic canals.






No comments:

Post a Comment