17 September 2017

Glasgow, made by people

Day 7



It was another early morning as we had a 7am train to catch to Glasgow. Lunch at Bread Meats Bread where a random parade came by as we were awaiting our food.



We then ventured into the city and then spent a lot of time browsing through the Lighthouse. They had an environmental section which took us both back to our undergrad days.









Figuring new transit systems is always a challenge when I travel. I must say I'm pretty terrible at it and usually get lost a few times before getting the hang of it. Good thing Jenn was there to keep it together. Plus she had data... Revolutionary, I know.





Glasgow Botanical Gardens. I had yet to visit the tulip fields in the Netherlands, so this was a lovely preview.








The greenhouse was filled with succulents, cacti, and generally plants that make me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.







The sun went away and the air turned chilly; we decided to warm up with a hot cuppa.



The newly restored Kibble Palace.





We made our way back to the city centre. We saw some of the landmarks before spending way too much time in Paperchase.






We caught the train to Edinburgh and then tried some fish and chips and Irn-Bru.



We checked into our hostel and stayed up in the lounge; Jenn did some work while I did not.



No comments:

Post a Comment