25 November 2018

Ttukseom



I was pretty tired after hiking all morning, so I decided to take it easy for the rest of the day. I showered and headed back out to Book Street again with my camera in hand for some better photos.


After spending some time wandering, I headed back on the subway for Ttukseom. I didn't make it to the Han River during my last trip to Seoul, and this time I wanted to relax in the park while listening to a song inspired by the very place.

I got off at Ttukseom Resort station, and was immediately greeted with people camping in tents, fried chicken delivery flyers, and bicycle rentals.


There were many people relaxing by the river, taking photos, chatting, and eating. When you walk further along the river, there are many people fishing along the edges, and there are areas where you sudden walk into a wall of flies. Jamsil Olympic Stadium can also be seen across the river.

I started walking east towards Jamsil Bridge, and before I was able to queue the song, it came on automatically... All of this is not a coincidence


I meant to spend a relaxing evening reading on a bench, and then getting dinner... but one thing I discovered about myself while travelling solo, was that I hardly had an appetite. The afternoon quickly set into evening, and I found myself continuing to walk along as the moon rose.







I ended up walking all the way back west past Ttukseom to Seongsu Bridge, and decided to head back to the station. 3 hours and 9 km later, I realized my plans for a restful evening had not quite been fulfilled; but I was too tired to continue and headed back to the hostel.


No comments:

Post a Comment