23 November 2018

Achasan

I started off my second day in Seoul with a visit to Achasan. Truthfully, my goal was to climb Bukhansan, and seeing as I hadn't had a proper hike for awhile, I wanted to ease my way into it.


After failing to find a restaurant for breakfast, I had another convenient breakfast that I wolfed down as I made my way from Achasan Station.



The paths here are pretty straightforward, and there is plenty of signage showing you which way to go. At some points, signs are only in Korean, but there are not many breaks in the path. The trail goes from Seoul to Guri-si.




I came across the pavilion pretty quickly, and settled in to rest for awhile and enjoy the view. The sun warmed the rocks I sat upon, and there was a beautiful view of the city below.







I continued down the rocks from the pavilion, and found a path that continued across the mountain.









Despite winding around without a clear direction of where I wanted to go, I found it pretty simple to find my way back to the entrance leading back to Achasan Station.

My favourite thing about hiking in Seoul was the inclusion of these devices. They blast air to clean the dust off your shoes, and it is a godsend. I watched my shoes turn from a greyish-brown back to its original colour.




Thanks to R&V for letting me know about this mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment