1 August 2017

A day in Rotterdam

Day 2

The morning started with a breakfast of poffertjes prepared by Evan. I made the most of my time in the Netherlands by having another stroopwafel with my tea.





We headed to Rotterdam, a Dutch city with modern architecture due to the severe bombings it went through during WWII.
We arrived and ate our lunch; a pasta salad prepared by Florence.





You know you're in the Netherlands when there are canals, stroopwafels, and tulips galore. Oh, and of course bicycles everywhere.






I really did not expect the Netherlands to be so chilly. When looking up the expected temperature prior to coming, it seemed comparable to spring back home. Little did I realize that the moisture in the air would make it feel a good 5-10 degrees colder.







After waiting for an hour in the bitter winds at the top of the Euromast, we decided to warm up with some coffee. This was my first coffee in Europe, and I must say it was a sticky disappointment. (I didn't let that stop me from trying more coffee later...)




The weather had forecasted rain all day - it had been sunny skies for the most part, until a sudden cloud appeared and doused us for a good half hour before leaving for the day. That didn't stop us from exploring the bridges and cube houses.










We hopped on the train home and Florence made a dinner of vegetarian chili with homemade cornbread. Goede nacht!



No comments:

Post a Comment