24 August 2017

Tea time in Manchester

Day 6

I decided to take it easy this morning; I had a BritRail pass, so I could take any train I liked and service to Manchester was every hour from London. I woke up and decided to grab some food from the nearby Pret.



The ride to Manchester was leisurely and full of beautiful views. I finally understood the term 'rolling hills' when viewing the English countryside.


I made my way to my friend's place and we made tea with stroopwafels. I decided to take it easy and rest it for the entire afternoon, so I journaled and caught up on the internet things I missed for the past week.

We met up later at the Richmond Tea Rooms for some afternoon tea with her coworkers... in the evening! I guess I had been feeling lonely the last couple of days as I could not stop talking the entire night.




The decor was adorable - there was an Alice in Wonderland theme that extended to their menu. We all ordered the Queen's Tea set (Large Scone with Clotted Cream & Tip Tree Jam, Selection of four small delicious cakes and pastries, Four finger sandwiches- Vegetarian or Meat option, Freshly brewed Leaf Tea or Coffee) with the Afternoon Darjeeling and the Richmond Caravan teas.

There were originally plans to grab fish & chips later, but after the scones, we realized it might not be a feasible plan after all...




We walked past the bustling Gay Village and to their hotel before calling it a night.


No comments:

Post a Comment