18 November 2016

Tokyo; the city of efficiency

Our overwhelming takeaways from our Asia trip was definitely that everything was more efficient, more technologically advanced, and just made so much more sense than back home. Also, we don't know how they did it, but Tokyo has mastered the art of the egg. Every single egg we had here, no matter how it was made, was just perfection.



Starting off with a toilet. As it was around 12am when we landed, I was bleary-eyed when I headed to the airport washroom and was greeted with a talking toilet that also played music to hide the sound of your wee. I must say I found the music more embarrassing than helpful and thankfully was able to find the button to shut it off.



First order of business: convenience store food at Family Mart.




I was seriously obsessed with anime for a couple of years in my early teens, so seeing scenery like this was very fulfilling.






We then spent a day travelling to see Mount Fuji.









The majority of our time was spent in the beautiful gardens of Tokyo






And when we weren't in gardens, we were at temples and shrines.




Tokyo was beautifully pristine and I'd love to see more of what Japan has to offer.

Also this was my absolute favourite drink that I found at a Circle K we stopped at randomly and I was never able to find it again.






No comments:

Post a Comment