4 January 2019

Slieve League

Day 25

I love waking up early.

Is that a weird thing to say? I truly love it. The tranquil morning while everyone else still sleeps; slipping out of bed and into the morning dew.




After everyone else woke up, breakfast at our B&B commenced. Our hosts even make us white pudding and tattie scones with our traditional breakfast.







We drove to Donegal, and went up the wrong look point after crossing many gates meant to keep sheep within their boundaries. I found it fascinating that sheep could just roam freely and even onto roads, and paid no heed to humans.



After a lunch of soup and panini, we headed to Slieve League for a leisurely hike.





I love that the sheep roam so freely.






Slieve League remains one of my favourite memories of Ireland. It was so beautiful, peaceful, and spending the afternoon there after a morning of driving was a great reward.






What is a hike if you don't break for ice cream afterwards? Two mint chocolate chip, two honeycomb, and one rum & raisin.




We stayed at a house in the countryside this time; we had the entire place to ourselves, and I finagled a room to myself.




We headed to the local grocery store and stocked up for dinner and breakfast for the next day. We worked our way through the many snacks and interesting items we found as we cooked up a feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment