30 October 2019

Mount Nemo



I rarely drive very far, but when I do, it is usually for hiking-related reasons.
A long-awaited trip to Mississauga was made after being lured by the promise of hiking in nearby Burlington.




The day did not start off easy. After lengthy delays due to long weekend traffic, we found ourselves in a long line to enter Mount Nemo Conservation Area. After a near-violent confrontation, I was reminded of my childhood and my quick temper, and the perils of letting your emotions dictate your actions. I won't get into detail now, but maybe once it has been fully processed.




We didn't let the unpleasant encounter deter us from enjoying the hike; the trail started off rather flat and easy, filled with the brown and black furry caterpillars I had seen so often back in my high school days.




The views were similar from each lookout point, but they did grow in beauty as we continued along the path.




Somehow, there was a trail that led to a dead end, and we were not the first or last to stumble along this quickly-ending path.






We decided to head to the quarry to see the views, and after trying to figure out instructions, we were told be underwhelmed as we approached it; they were not wrong. The quarry is rather small, compared to the ones I passed in the namesake bay in Hong Kong.





We decided to take the South Loop trail, but ended up taking a wrong turn without realizing it, and headed in the direction of the second parking lot.







With that, we decided it was time to head back for dinner, and then a dessert and late night pick-me-up for the drive back home.




No comments:

Post a Comment