20 April 2022

Cycling through the valley

I have been having some consistently awesome days lately. As the world begins its yearly thaw, the willingness for outdoor activities increases. 

I often come home at the end of a long day filled with pleasant memories of a day spent with loved ones. Having seen new sights, eaten good food, and having long conversations that continue to bolster our camaraderie.

When I finally arrive at home, ready to rest and relax, my mind begins to race. The sudden wide open emptiness lies before me in its entirety, its presence ready to suffocate me into submission. Coming down from an emotional high to my quiet sanctuary allows for peace, but also for the intrusive thoughts that were kept at bay to reappear with a vengeance. 

As I sit in the suddenly uncomfortable stillness, I allow the thoughts to wash over me, with the knowledge that they'll come to seemingly overwhelm me, but eventually crest and fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment