20 September 2017

Keukenhof

Day 9

I awoke after a couple hours of slumber, said my goodbyes to Jenn, and dragged myself to the bus stop. Manchester Airport was a disorganized mess and I was so tired after getting through security that I passed out in the waiting area while gripping my luggage.

The flight to Amsterdam went smoothly and I found myself back at a now-familiar Schiphol. I put my luggage in the storage lockers and met up with my family, who had arrived the day previous. We set off for Lisse.




It had been raining in the morning, but thankfully the rain stopped before we arrived. I presumed the crowds were somewhat lessened due to the weather.








We decided to warm up with some Chocomel, poffertjes, and appeltaart. I could not stop shivering, and later got a beenham broodjes.







We then took the silliest boat ride among the tulip fields. The fields were too high to be seen by boat, and it was just a very chilly ride among muddy water. I do not recommend. I struggled to keep my eyes open amongst the cold boredom. We warmed up with a fresh stroopwafel after.

If you like cycling, I would suggest to rent a bicycle instead and follow the paths along the fields. My friend went the day after and got a beautiful view.







This adorable pineapple-like flower was my favourite.

We ended the night with a homemade meal and some bread with gegrilde groenten Heks'Nkaas. I must say nothing beats the original though.




No comments:

Post a Comment