19 June 2019

Eldred King Woodlands

I rarely take Tofu on walks outside of the neighbourhood; we just got used to our usual routine, and I felt it was a perfect time to go on an little adventure together.




We headed to Eldred King Woodlands in York Regional Forest, which was advertised as being both dog and horse-friendly.



I only encountered a handful of people on the trail, and coincidentally enough, a couple groups speaking Korean, that reminded me of my hikes back in Seoul. Except this time, Tofu was accompanying me.



We found ourselves in a clearing by an unnamed pond. We took rest for a little while



We walked until we hit a trail head sign that appeared identical to the one at the start of our trail, so similar it was that I thought we had somehow looped back.

There were many other trails, but we made our way back with the note to return on another day. I let Tofu off-leash on part of the way back, and he was excited for the rare taste of freedom. I kept checking to see if anyone was coming, and sure enough, three horses and their riders soon appeared. I leashed him up for his first encounter with horses, before letting him wander for a little while longer. He didn't wander far, stopping to wait for me when he got too far ahead, and running to catch up when I called.




The plan had been to have a small picnic nearby afterwards, but the area in question was currently undergoing tree planting, so we set up in our backyard instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment