31 August 2019

Home[ostasis]

I love being at home, and I also love travelling to new places. But these two yearnings are seemingly at odd with each other.

There are some places I love visiting, and a revisit is my favourite type of travel. The first time visit is new and exciting, but the second time, you have a bit of the background in your mind, you recognize streets and buildings, you know the feel and mood of the place. Could I be enjoying this more because there is a bit more 'home' to be found in this once-strange place?

I do love being at home, but I feel while a little recharges me, too much makes me feel stagnant. I get too comfortable, feel lazy, and think 'everything I need is in this one place'. I feel the mood reflected in my dog too, as we enjoy lying around in each others' company, and a long walk outside of our usual route often re-energizes both of us.

As usual, the conclusion is always: everything in moderation. Striking the right balance is the tricky part.

No comments:

Post a Comment