7 August 2019

Berry picking

Our original plan of peach-picking turned into berry-picking, and we made our way to Andrews' Scenic Acres.



Admission was $10 per person, with a $1 deposit if you borrow their basket.






We started off in the raspberry patch, where we were pricked to death and discovered that ripe raspberries easily slid off their stems.





We then migrated to the blueberry patch, where a lady helpfully shared her tips; the plants with pinkish berries carried sweeter blueberries, while the whiter, green buds were more tart.





I jumped onto the tractor-wagon and found my way to the currant patches; black and red currants were in lesser abundance, and I decided to finish my pickings as my basket reached the halfway point.






My roughly 1L of berries ended up being $5.23.

On the way to the farmhouse area, I spotted a few people with pink ice creams, and we found that they served frozen berries blended with your choice of ice cream of frozen yogurt. It was $4.50 for one in a waffle cone, and we got sour cherry, strawberry, and black currant with blackberry.



A good day ends with ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment