1 July 2019

Kicking off the summer

Summer has finally more or less arrived, and the delayed warm weather meant the sudden transition was jarring.




To cool down, I made yooja cha, but with lemons. The result is not unlike the childhood lemonade I excitedly made after discovering its existence in the novels I read. I reduced the sugar by about a third, but it is to your taste!



I recently finished the latest Murakami novel, and I must say his books are always a pleasure to read. The world he builds is always so commonplace, with a touch of eeriness, and I enjoy the journey, without looking at the destination. I think that is the greatest way to enjoy his novels; a lengthy break between each, and without expectations for where they may take you.

I also had to learn how to read the title; it was a word I had never stumbled across before.



After many years of wanting, I finally got a portable fan, a Shooky one, no less. It was obtained during my trip last year, and the weather has finally rendered it suitable for use.



I finally broke just abut every single pair of earbuds I owned, except for the Bluetooth one. In want of one that wouldn't rely on my memory to charge, I perused the aisles of Best Buy multiple times until I decided on this pair of JBL Endurance Run in a lovely shade of teal. The fit of these resemble in-ears, and I instantly found them comfortable, and the sound quality is nothing to laugh at.


Just in time for the release of this OST. Heartbeat has been on endless repeat.



Our journey into the muddy waters of the island yielded some unwanted results, and for the next two days, I was constantly reapplying these. They also are coming with me this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment