5 July 2019

Six Mile Lake

I don't think I've ever written about our yearly camping trips, so a few reasons. They are a tradition, and I often don't take many photos of my time. However, due to the languid death of my cell phone, I decided to bring my camera along this year.






We arrived in Port Severn shortly after check-in, and started assembling our campsite.






We spent a good deal of time just reading and eating snacks in our tent. I don't recommend doing this if you are in bear country; usually we keep the snacks outside.




Probably one of the most exciting moments... we saw a turtle!



The first night of campfires yielded many burnt marshmallows, an ash-filled, smokey fire, and some purple sweet potatoes.




We tried Viv's toast contraption the next morning, and we can confirm it makes so pretty toasty toast.




I did not have my camera with me for the next activities - canoeing, fishing, and some more canoeing.


After a well-deserved shower and dinner, we built the second campfire.





We made s'mores hot chocolate... well, just toasted mallows in our hot cocoa. It was delicious though I burnt my tongue on more than one occasion.



We brought the sparklers out to celebrate our beautiful, roaring fire.




We awoke early the next morning to catch the sunrise; in previous years, we woke up so early that the whole lake was covered in a thick fog, and it was impossible to see more than a few metres in front of you. Kayaking in the fog was truly mesmerizing, but this time it had mostly dissipated by the time I got into the lake.




Tofu was slightly confused as to why we were standing around doing nothing, when there were so many things to smell and trees to pee on.






There is no documentation of my solo adventure into the still, early morning lake, as aforementioned, I was alone.

We did a quick loop of the hiking trail, avoiding the Marsh Trail.




The most anticipated meal; instant noodles and last night's bbq leftovers, topped with some freshly cut watermelon.







And with that, the yearly camping trip came to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment