6 March 2017

In the noggan

Our friend picked us up in a monstrous car (that would later proceed to require three tanks of gas a day) and we headed out of the city. The original plan was to hike the Chief, but the rainy, foggy weather coupled with the fact that we all were wearing beat-up runners cancelled that idea. We stopped by MEC in the search for waterproof gear before stopping by a few scenic points. We attempted to hike but were stuck in fog that left visibility of only a few metres, so we headed back to the city.







We stopped by Earnest for ice cream where my friend proceeded to 'accidentally' throw her ice cream cone on my phone - and then off we were to the noggan!
That was my obnoxious nickname for the Okanagan that would not get unstuck from my brain. We stopped by spots on the way and got caught in the rain; the last stop before arriving in Vernon was at the Othello Tunnels.





The next morning we woke up and headed to Kelowna for some brunch at The Jammery. There was a shop attached that had so many jam and jelly samples; red pepper jelly was so delicious that I was tempted to carry some home but sadly they were over the liquid allowance for carry-on.





Whilst driving around Kelowna, I saw a man with a skeleton in his passenger seat and waved to it -  and the driver gave me the oddest stare - who is the weirdo here?

We once again got rained out, but I stupidly left my waterproof bag at the house and after a few hikes, decided to sit one in as my gear couldn't take more moisture. On our way down the mountain, a baby bear ran off into the woods right beside us! Definitely one of the highlights that went uncaptured.







We picked up a cake we ordered a few days ago from a local bakery to celebrate the conclusion of our trip.

Thus concluded our time in Okanagan Valley; the next installment will finally mark the end of the West Coast Road Trip 2016 series.


No comments:

Post a Comment