3 October 2018

The nation's capital

OTTAWA.

We wanted to make the most of the rail pass, but also did not have enough time to go to the east coast.We also had another day trip planned for Niagara Falls which we ultimately needed to cancel due to schedule conflicts. So off to the capital!



We dropped our things off at the Airbnb (we barely got lost!), and then headed out for lunch. We stumbled across an Alice in Wonderland-themed cafe on the way to Byward Market, and decided to have afternoon tea.





As with every single afternoon tea, I am ravenous even after eating all the sandwiches, but once I finish eating the scones, my stomach hurts and I barely have an appetite for the desserts.

We ended up walking all over the city, and paid visits to the Royal Canadian Mint, Chinatown, and stumbled across many parliamentary buildings and statues.




A quick pit stop at Mooshu, as recommended by Ranee.




We ventured into Byward Market for dinner, and had tacos at the crowded El Camino.




We walked over to Parliament Hill for the nightly fireworks show, and somehow avoided getting bitten to death.





The next morning, we once again stopped by the market for breakfast, and then went down to the canal to rent bicycles. We must have had a really great workout, for there is not a single photo to mark this occasion.



I always think I am really hungry (and at the time, I usually am), so I ordered a latte, a roll cake, and a tonkatsu curry udon set. When the food came, it dawned on me that I would not be able to finish it all.




Dan ordered a burger combo which came with Calpico, and wisely decided to hold off on drinks and dessert until after she finished her food.



She did, however, leave room for a latte. My stomach hurts from laughing when I see this picture again...



I packed up my roll cake and we headed to the station. On our way there, I was stopped and asked for directions; as I only vaguely knew the way around Ottawa, I hope they found their way.

The roll cake was later devoured during our ride home; it had dried out a little, but was still delicious. And just like that, we were back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment