13 May 2019

Thornton Bales




If you ask me to go hiking, there's a 99% chance I'll go if not otherwise engaged. I appreciate planned and last minute hiking adventures, and this one fell a little in between. My friend suggested hiking in Newmarket, and despite being unaware of good trails there, I readily agreed.




All the rain did make the area quite muddy, but that is just more justification for my hiking boots.

This was a well-forested area, with somewhat unclear signage. We did get a little lost at one point, as did some other hikers who wandered our way, but we hopped over the stream and found the path again.





Dan made sandwiches wrapped with her new beeswax cloth, and we ate them upon a 'prohibited' bench.




We did wander a little too far off-course, as I wanted to take an unmarked trail, so we ended up walking down the road back to where we parked. It was a bright, relaxing morning of hiking after a day spent in rainy, chilly weather hunting for nonexistent blossoms, and before getting our hearts ripped out for Endgame. Only two tears were shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment