4 September 2018

From Glendalough to Killarney

Day 23

We packed up our things and left Dublin to embark on a fast-paced tour of Ireland. We went down many narrow roads that winded along the country while driving on the other side of the road... It was quite an adventure.




Our first stop was Glendalough.






A monastic settlement from the 6th century, replete with ruins and graves.







After hiking around, we made our way to Beaufort, where we dropped off our items and chatted with our hosts. They told us we needed more time in Killarney to see the actual sights; unfortunately, our packed schedule did not allow for that.

We made our way to the village for dinner, which our host had warned us was touristy; it was reminiscent of a resort town like Blue Mountain village.




The next morning, I woke up early to make friends with the cows and ended up making even better friends with the cat.









We had our breakfast with the other B&B guests, with tablemates from France and U.S.A. I think this was my favourite place we stayed at during the whole trip, as it was very similar to my farm dreams I've had since I was young - there was even a dog here, but sadly I did not stay long enough to become acquainted with him.






No comments:

Post a Comment