25 September 2021

Insurance

I stepped away from a lot of doing for a time; a pause longer than I had ever anticipated. When I slowly stepped back in, there weren't many changes in my life, and the pandemic only served to continue that slow pace. Recently, there was a ramp up to unexpected levels that was not unwelcome, but definitely served to test my ability to adapt. 

That resilience continues to be tested. It seems almost weekly, there have been major changes that affect aspects of life that make it not easy to adapt, yet the constant changes have started to wear me down. The disappointment is less deep, the sadness is less stinging, and the ability to simultaneously look forward and move in that direction, is less clouded. 

A lot of these changes were pretty disappointing, sad, and left me feeling slightly uneasy. At the same time, I feel that the changes were fortunate as I came in at the right time, left at the right time, and met new people at the right time, albeit for a brief encounter. 

There are many thoughts and feelings to process. In the coming weeks, perhaps more things will sink in, but for now, I am thankful that my personality is not the type to rush to quick conclusions despite my anger or unease in the present moment. My past actions have insured me to face this new, somewhat uncertain future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment