4 October 2020

Memory like a sponge

 I am running out of memory. On memory cards, hard drives, my totally-busted computer, and my slightly busted mind.

When I was a kid, I remember asking my mom for help on homework, and at times it took her a while to recall the math formulas, scientific equations, etc. I asked her why she couldn't remember things she had learned before, and she likened her mind to a sponge. Each bit of information being a drop of water, her mind was filled to the brim and she was no longer able to retain new information without letting go of the old. She called my mind a "dry sponge", able to quickly absorb information, with plenty of space for even more.

Well, my sponge-mind has officially begun to reach capacity, and I have been slowly dripping out old memories, both intentionally and unintentionally.

Fall is the time for reminiscing, and also the time when life seems to start to slow down again in preparation for the sluggish winter days that follow the holiday season.

To solve half of my memory woes, I bought a new, large-capacity memory card and may be looking to build a desktop if I don't get too intimidated by potential failure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment