16 December 2019

Crazy plant lady

Lately, my plants have been taking a larger part of my brain than normal. I find myself thinking about them in every quiet moment, and looking forward to going home to check on their status and tend to their needs.


While I have always loved my plants, I was a little helpless in taking care of them before. I first gravitated to the prickly folk, which proved difficult in doing spur-of-the-moment care.



Within the past two years, I've slowly moved from cacti to succulents, to hardy evergreens and tropical foliage. While not without their hardships and untimely deaths, I can see the slow greening of my thumbs as my plant family continues to grow.

The winter time has been harsh to some of my 'fussier' plants, and this likely has played a huge factor in the attention I have shifted towards them. I can't help but see the irony of life; the hardier, "good children" get less love and attention, while the finicky problem children get all the spotlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment