18 June 2020

Appropriate obsessions

Some angry thoughts from a year ago. Since then, new 'obsessions' have been added, but have not replaced existing ones. Ones that are evidently 'appropriate' of a person of my ____. It's all nonsense. Like what you like. Be happy when you're happy. 

"Aren't you too old to like that?"
"Not many guys like that kind of thing."
"Guys don't like girls who like that kind of thing."
"Why are you so unhealthily obsessed with them?"
"We should get you a boyfriend."
"This guy looks whack, he must be one of the ugly ones."
"Why does he look so retarded?"
"These are definitely all photoshopped, so it isn't even fair."


I don't have a hobby (means I don't feel comfortable sharing with you) and you judge me. Come on, what makes you tick?
I have a hobby, share it with you and you judge me. This is a waste of time, this is not intellectually stimulating.

Sitting there, thinking... why do I have to go through this? What makes my hobbies less-than-acceptable to others, that the only time we ever discuss them is when you are ragging on them? Why do I have to be shamed for the things that make me happy?

Yes, I can like what I want, and I shouldn't let what others think of it affect my enjoyment.
But I don't judge you... You talk about [redacted] for hours, and I have never said a word of protest.

We flock together because you push us all into the corner
The only ones who don't judge us, or
Hate us

I don't care if you think they are the ugliest person in the world. What good does it do to tell me? Will I stop liking what I like because you don't approve?

Stop looking down at the world from your high horse. Fall on the ground, eat a fistful of dirt, and swallow your pride.

Why must I be subjected to this? All I wanted to do was make myself happy.

Millions of us must be blind idiots. Go enjoy your hobby, and leave me to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment