21 June 2018

BCYK: Vancouver & Squamish

I found myself back in Vancouver ten months after my previous trip (and a month before my next). We were here for a few days before heading up to Yukon, and I was excited to be back on the west coast less than a year after my last visit.




Squamish is undeniably beautiful but terribly touristy. I was looking forward to doing the Chief (link to the future!) this time, but unfortunately my hiking companions were not up for it.




Instead of crazy hikes, we decided to rent bicycles and toured all around Stanley Park, seawall, and along the marina. We cycled 33 km around downtown Vancouver with many stops for food and drinks. Six hours later, we were ready to head back.





Since the seawall path only goes in one direction, we had to head back through the city. For this novice cyclist, this meant wheeling my rental through the packed streets of downtown Vancouver. Not fun, and also a precursor for what happened a year later...

Note: If the crazy order of these posts is confusing you - you're not alone. Find the chronological timeline here.

Now for some of the food we had in Vancouver...

Sushi because we were on the west coast! Shizen Ya because someone is a vegetarian.




Cafe Medina for the first time! Where I fell in love with the liege waffles (not pictured...).



Finally, some home-cooked food from my aunt. Well, the vegetables were from her garden but the meat was from a store. 



Note to self: never go drinking late the night before and early morning flight. You will 1000% feel like poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment