3 April 2017

Retrospective appreciation


Sometimes things change faster than you realize - one major change preceded by smaller ones which inevitably change the course of your life. Often I don't realize the impact these events have on me until after the fact, and it's neither for better or worse, just a change.

I've always tried to appreciate my happy moments as they happen, but the truth of the matter is it's not that easy. It's easy to just get caught up in life, and once things slow and settle in is when I realize how happy I was. Simple things like us all buying the same t-shirt and then wearing them together just because. Celebrating birthdays a month early because we'll be separated soon. Spontaneous sleepovers. Bonding over our growing love of lipsticks. Exploring marshy creeks in the heat of summer in our rainboots. Travelling in foreign countries and getting terribly lost but end up seeing scenery we wouldn't have stumbled upon otherwise. I don't think you necessarily need to be immediately thankful at the time; but I will always love and appreciate all the happy moments and people around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment