19 November 2014

Copious amounts of tea

To break away from the trip posts, I just wanted to take some time to fast-forward to the present.

I'm sitting in a library 'carrel' as I type this, with my tumbler (it takes all of me to remember it has an 'e'; ruined by Tumblr) of brown rice green tea, and I just want to remind myself...

Take a deep breath.

Relax.

Drink tea.

Get enough sleep.

Get off social media.

Focus.

Also my graduation photos are in two days; trying to eliminate the panda-eye thing as much as possible before then. The rest will be taken care of by concealer.

All posts are incomplete without photos.
Matching my nails to my tumbler - everyone does that.
I just want to say I was not a big tea drinker until university. I always preferred juice and pop to water or tea, and coffee always tasted terrible to me. When I moved away to university, I lived in a residence for my first year, and had access to a LOT of drink choices. Also, that was when I first really started wanting to play Roll Up The Rim (Tim Horton's thing) and not being a huge fan of their hot chocolate or apple cider, I began trying the steeped tea. I tried drinking water near the end to offset that freshman fifteen, but I can't say I always enjoyed it.

Living by myself in second year, I didn't have juice unless I bought it, and lugging it home on a bus then walking is a HUGE pain. I tried to drink water, but the water was so hard, that even after being filtered and boiled, I couldn't take the taste. So I started dunking a tea bag in it to cover the taste.

Then during work terms, drinking tea was both soothing and allowed me to get up every so often to boil more water and steep more tea.

From then on, I've only been getting more and more addicted.

Studying + mug of tea = this photo
P.S. The first time I drank Tim Hortons steeped tea, I actually had go to the washroom ten times within 6 hours. It was crazy. My bladder is much better at handling tea now.

No comments:

Post a Comment